Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next year or so I 'might' be looking and getting rid of the astra and getting a zafira. I was just wondering what the general running costs are?

Insurance (average), tax, what MPG do you get (I would be mainly door to door with some long distance occasionally). How much is a tank of fuel etc?

And anything else to watch out for? I'd be looking at a 1.9 (150)

Just curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
my 07 club1.6 petrol for insurance is £311 a year with 72% discount as it's down as an estate on my log book not an mpv. A tank of fuel depends on where you buy it from as some place are dearer than others. and tax is dependant on petrol or diesel and engine size per year. I don't do many miles but average 34ish per gallon petrol engine. diesel will be different depending on engine size.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a zafira 1.9 150 my average is below. Insurance is 356 ish I posted it on here somewhere

·
40,693 Posts
On the trip meter, just over 3000 miles since the manifold was replaced/battery disconnected, I've averaged 44.9mpg.

Tax is £175 a year I think

That's with a DTUK box on at 190bhp

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I get 28 MPG. Insurance depends on yourself and other crap. Also I have 240 bhp lol tax is 250 a year if you get a pre March 23rd 06 iirc well worth it. :D also surprises alot out on the road. Plus you get recaros which are 100x better than standard :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get 28 MPG. Insurance depends on yourself and other crap. Also I have 240 bhp lol tax is 250 a year if you get a pre March 23rd 06 iirc well worth it. :D also surprises alot out on the road. Plus you get recaros which are 100x better than standard :thumbup:
You drive a vxr though!! I can only dream of that, and I would cry at 28mpg!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have just traded my astra in for a zafira. I get on average 35mpg. Insurance with 1 named driver £380 for the year, can only afford 6 months tax at £93.50 lol!! And I've had 438 miles out of £50 I put in the tank last week. I work nights so it gets used twice a day between my wife and I. My astra was a 1.6 sxi and only managed to get 380 miles out of a £60 fill at the station. So I I'm starting to see more money in my pocket!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Man That is low mpg!! My mate at work got 1060 miles out of a £80 fill in his s-max. Not sure what engine he has in it though.

·
40,693 Posts
If doing motorway journeys I can get 550 miles out of a full tank. I do see 'Ranges' of over 600 miles but as soon as you hit town traffic, it knocks the **** off the lardy Zafiras MPG

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
None of the Zafira’s are fuel efficient when compared with some of the competition, yet show me a similar sized car with the load carrying capability.
Was getting 32mpg out of my 1.6 twin port 2007 plate, now getting 38.5 with my 2011 plate 1.8VVT.

Too many short trips for me, I would kill a diesel car in a month or two.

1.4 Start/Stop turbo Zafira Tourer next.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts