Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all this is my first post on here so would like to say hi

Ive got a astra coupe turbo had it for nearly a year. It recently came on with the limp mode light so i took it to my local garage. had a look on the laptop and said that it was the afm. I also brought a new vxr turbo coz the manifold cracked so asked him to replace that. When it was in the garage they found that the coolant pipe had a split and the oil pipe from the turbo was split too so both been replaced. when i picked it up from the garage i took it for a spin and tried it out but every time i go over 4000 rpm the light comes back on. looked at the codes and said it was the map sensor so had that replaced. Still it goes into limp mode. After this i did the pedal test and got 02 sensor no activity or something like that so ive also had that replaced and still no luck. The last thing ive done is i have taken my bailey dumpvalve off because i got told it could be causing problems but still no luck. I have also fiddled with the actuator settings because its at the vxr setting but still no luck so i really dont know what else i can do.

If anyone has got any ideas or input it would be very grateful thank you

·
Registered
353 Posts
make sure you use only genuine bosch sensors beleive me ive tried with copys and they dont last,
check that the actuator is showing approx 4 threads,
maybe worth while geeting a boost gauge plummed in to see what shes boosting too.
could also take the map sensor out and clean it with some electrical cleaner. do not use brake and clutch cleaner

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys

just drove home from work today and the light turned off. i thought id give it a go and when i put the foot down suddenly it judders and then it accelerates but the light came on at about 5500 rpm. abit later the light dissapeared but the exhaust emmisions light come back on so when i got home i did the pedal test and i got p1106 which is map sensor, boost solenoid, boost pressure out of range and p0135 which is 02 sensor. it really confuses me because ive replaced the lambda and the map sensor :(

would this make it any easier to figure out to anyone? i would be very grateful for any ideas because im starting to hate my coupe! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts