Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Pretty poor figures if you ask me... Be interesting to see how it's responds to a map/box ???

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
At the end of the day its still a filthy dirty soot chucker, :D

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Not really as the bmw 123d - 2.0 twin turbo derv - makes 201bhp and 295lbft so the vx bi-turbo isnt really far behind it?
Its not so much the BHP im talking about as 200bhp is pretty good tbh.... Its more that it still take 8 sec to pull its self to 60mph.... I bet the Beemer does it quicker.... In fact the H 1.9 cdti only booked at 8.5 secs to 60 and had 50 bhp less ??????

·
Registered
446 Posts
Given that the F40 has a torque limiter in lower gears, It probably isn't going to much faster in the low gears (IE to 60). I doubt many people are doing a pure 0-60 sprint very often anyway, so I wouldn't be caught up on those figures. Its 30-50 / 50-70 figures would be much more interesting to know.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
If they have to limit it in 1st and 2nd then that just tells me that even Vaux know there gearboxes are *****... :lol:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i would love to drive one tho i have said on other threads it doesnt seem that much faster than the standard 1.9cdti h but defo when its moving it will feel much better. then once dtuk and maps get made this could be looking at like 240bhp or what ever.mmmmm might be nice like.

shame the j is bit to big to fit on my garage i tried to put my mams in it the other day and it was tight lol..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's how fast it gets to top, my j tractor will knock at 95+ on a slip road and go to 130 so its quick even in 2.0 cdti single blower, knock the lagg off an it must fly...

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
i would love to drive one tho i have said on other threads it doesnt seem that much faster than the standard 1.9cdti h but defo when its moving it will feel much better. then once dtuk and maps get made this could be looking at like 240bhp or what ever.mmmmm might be nice like.

shame the j is bit to big to fit on my garage i tried to put my mams in it the other day and it was tight lol..
Going from the reviews of the testers that have driven it, it doesn't feel fast since just due to way the power is delivered and just how smooth the engine actually is, you don't get the same kick back you do when the turbo spools in the 1.9 and am assuming the 165 2.0.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Coming from someone who owns a ford :lol: Please if cars are made to fail ford wins the biscuits.
I dont own a ford ;) I'm just too lazy to change my sig :lol:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Going from the reviews of the testers that have driven it, it doesn't feel fast since just due to way the power is delivered and just how smooth the engine actually is, you don't get the same kick back you do when the turbo spools in the 1.9 and am assuming the 165 2.0.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
yea see i still injoy having the push. im not a person who wants to do 100+ lol i injoy the kick back midrange so it might be to smooth for me...

my drove my mates 335d and my god it was fast but lol big but it felt like i wasnt moving the speedo was going up very fast..

part of driving is the feeling i guess its a big factor for me (for the fun factor part)

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
yea see i still injoy having the push. im not a person who wants to do 100+ lol i injoy the kick back midrange so it might be to smooth for me...

my drove my mates 335d and my god it was fast but lol big but it felt like i wasnt moving the speedo was going up very fast..

part of driving is the feeling i guess its a big factor for me (for the fun factor part)
Exaclty.... a BiG part of the fun in having a Turbo car is that feeling when it spools up.... I want to know its there....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts