Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my anthracite wrap came today soon thinking of giving it a go tonight but got a question,

Do I have to go to my dads and route through his shed for a heat gun or are there any alternatives?

Thanks in advance ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Hair dryer is better to use buddy.

I wrapped my whole car with a dryer as I found it better than the heat gun

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
But one advise I will give is try not to use the dryer too much only on really awkward parts which the wrap can't naturally wrap around.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok sweet advice thanks guys!, I'm not planning anything major just mirrors door handles possibly vstrip and boot strip got a heck lot more than I thought I ordered though lol

Was surprised when neighbour passed this to the misses

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
That's also good thigh if it for first time gives you chances to mess up as the v strip is hardest I think boot strip is easy I'd start with interior door handles something small and easier to start off on and find out about heating it up and bending them round etc

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's also good thigh if it for first time gives you chances to mess up as the v strip is hardest I think boot strip is easy I'd start with interior door handles something small and easier to start off on and find out about heating it up and bending them round etc
Ooo interior handles that sounds good!, I was on about exterior, like on the Range Rover Sport lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried it today, not too keen on my results so I'm gonna try spraying tomorrow I think……… any tips on getting door handles and wing mirrors off?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sprayed today!, looks miles better!

Boot and v strip

Door handle

Mirror

Will get an overall photo tomorrow as its dark ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts