Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a stressful morning's work I have finally got the dumpvalve on and the hoses fitted :)

It was really easy to fit but initially it threw up an error code. It turns out that the stainless pipe that I got with it had a hole for a sensor which was in a different place on my car.

So changed that pipe back to the standard black plastic one and its all okay now :D

Couple of pics....

It sounds really good, not too loud and just gives a nice psssshhhht sound when you change gears :)

I like the colour in the engine bay, think im gonna give it a good clean and get some more stuff done in there :)

Sammy

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mick, will get a video up soon to let everyone hear it :D

my hands are all cut and sore from the work lol, i could never be a mechanic!

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
cheers mick, will get a video up soon to let everyone hear it :D

my hands are all cut and sore from the work lol, i could never be a mechanic!
Best thing to do is wrap a small towel round your hands when doing any work in the engine lol. Saves the bleeding.

Looking forward to hearing the video Sammy. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks mate, i might invest in the DV36 dump valve soon as its supposed to be a bit louder, will wait and see :)

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Give me your car....Please...:D

Nice work mate, bay looks great. Dump valve would be a must if I ever own a turbo'd petrol car, think they sound great, on the right car that is. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yusss i agree mate, it can be driven sensibly and is nice and quiet, but i like knowing if i open it up then i have the nice noises :D lol im easy pleased.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
yusss i agree mate, it can be driven sensibly and is nice and quiet, but i like knowing if i open it up then i have the nice noises :D lol im easy pleased.
Aye that's it, don't want to loud all the time, gets a bit much, but then when you give it some welly it's great to hear everything doing it;s job! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hehe sadly i cant make it, will be in Ireland for a wedding (not mine) so not gonna make it :(

will be travelling to england on a road trip soon tho, so will sort one out then! :)

Sammy

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers mate, gonna get out next week and get a decent video of it :D

got work all this weekend :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts