Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A.O.N - Club Member - Quizmaster
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody can give me a 100% definate answer on this one.
I rung up an insurance company to get my car fully comp including windscreen cover, said that it has a panoramic windscreen, apparently under there "law" that type of windscreen is classed as a modification, and is not covered under standard windscreen cover. If i were to claim I would have to fork out the full £750 excess charge.

Is this correct? Will all insurance companies say the same.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Insurers always add money for optional extras too mate, yes you would be liable for the first £750 of damage in any accident if that's your excess premium.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Not all insurers add money for optional extras from the factory, but you were right to double check with them. If I were you I'd be calling back and ask them again. This time if they go back to their 'law' Ask them where in the policy wording it states that a panoramic screen is excluded from the glass cover section. If they state that it doesn't mention it at all then start to question their underwriting criteria. If you don't get anywhere request to speak to someone technical (some times known as Technical Customer Managers).

I have actually seen a modification list as set by the ABI who are the insurance association and not seen anything in there with regards to panoramic windscreens. Only additional windows that were not done at the factory, such as vans with added windows.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You could do that, fair play for trying... but I'm quite sure that by their opinion, the panoramic screen will count as an added window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts