Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my passagers side windows has stopped working if I use the key fob it goes up an down has any one got any ideas thanks for your help

·
Registered
2014 Astra 1.6 Elite
4 Posts
Sounds like dirty/corroded contacts in the passenger window switch.
You could take it out and try and clean the contacts, or try temporarily swapping your working drivers side switch to see it that makes a difference.
Depending on age/model you would probably be able to source a cheap replacement at a breakers or flea bay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like dirty/corroded contacts in the passenger window switch.
You could take it out and try and clean the contacts, or try temporarily swapping your working drivers side switch to see it that makes a difference.
Depending on age/model you would probably be able to source a cheap replacement at a breakers or flea bay.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Does it work ok from the drivers door switch ?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ok so it's unlikely that both driver and passenger door switches are faulty,
just to rule it out try a 20min battery disconnect/re-connect, sometimes you find software gremlins cause this sort of issue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so it's unlikely that both driver and passenger door switches are faulty,
just to rule it out try a 20min battery disconnect/re-connect, sometimes you find software gremlins cause this sort of issue
Sound I’ll try that first sounds nice an easy an I’ll let you no 👌👌

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help I’ll give it a go an let you know how I get on 👍
Hi mate have tried disconnecting battery didn’t work after having a play have found that passenger and driver’s side switches will sent window up but not down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts