Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Wondering if you can help? The passenger main side window on my car began to leak when we had the bad rain back in July near the wing mirror then the following few days I noticed it coming in at the top aswell while I was driving. The window appears to have maybe dropped slightly as I can get my nail between the glass and the top of the door. Is this an easy fix for someone like minded or do I need a garage visit. Has anyone adjusted their electric windows to get rid of a similar thing?

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I imagine although I'm not 100% sure your windows are like mine? They auto drop a little to open the door and then return to the top after closing it..

Mine stopped doing this once, and to reset them I disconnected the battery, negative, left it 15 mins, reconnected it.. Got in the car lowered the windows on both sides all the way down..

Got out looked the car using the key hole (if you leave the key in, turn it to the lock position, and hold it the the windows auto close) once the window was at the very top fully closed.. Remove the key check both windows are all the way up...
Unlock the car.. And check both windows auto drop and return by opening the doors.. They should have reset and now remember where they should close to :)

I hope this helps.. This is just my experience and I could be wrong but it worked for me :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya, that does make sense as I had to do something similar before when they dropped after having my sat nav fitted, but I think the dropping thing is not the issue this time, they are returning upwards but one slightly lower. Someone had said that the window sit on some sort of runner in your doors and you have to do something or other, same as with normal electric windows. I had the same with my manual Fiesta rear windows and the garage had to reset them inside. It may be worth trying the battery thingy just in case I guess firstly and see what happens before taking the door trim off :confused:

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Does the auto return up feature still work on the window (I.e. press button up once and window goes all the way up) or do you need to keep hold of up?

If the later, may just need 'recalibrating' as such, the old trick for that is put window all the way down, keeping hold of the button for a few extra seconds, then same going up.

May work but somehow fear you may be in for a garage trip :( twin tops are notorious for leaky issues :(

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
and inregard to window drop - remember if you disconnect the battery they tend to drop down and ot go back up till you fiddle with windows - I learnt that the hard way after i'd washed the car. Soggy backside :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I will try all this first before taking car to bits (well I wont be anyway lol), I know what you mean Andy about the dropping window thingy I had to disconnect battery a second time to get mine going again aswell as brake light staying on and the rest , god I hate cars!

I will try the window trick at lunch, then battery trick next when I get some help

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmm on closer inspection it appears to have tilted maybe as the gap is near the mirror and can see it but it narrows to no gap at the top (although I defo had a drip of water from the top a few weeks ago as I said). Ewwww bugger!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my window is still leaking despite being adjusted by a helping person, the gap is so slight but somewhere water is coming in as behind passenger seat is soaked on the floor. No stains from roof so I know its not the roof....help....what now, auto electrician?

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
My first thoughts would be that whoever adjusted it last time hasn't got it quite right and it needs doing again

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you think its do-able then, have another go before I call in anyone?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts