Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im guessing since they are both 1.6's that the 1.6 springs will fit the turbo version since they are pretty much identical.
The one's that I am looking at say they fit 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 so a 1.6T isn't any different but not 100% sure.
http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Spax-SSX-Sports-Spring-Kit-Astra-H.html
Anyone know?

Note: I don't have an astra but should have one early next year so im planning ahead

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
They'll fit straight on but the axel weight may be different as the 1.6T will be heavier. Certainly no worse than putting VXR springs on a 1.9 derv.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
I asked eibach and they said the springs for the 2.0 turbo, 1.7cdti, 1.9cdti and 1.3 cdti are the ones to use, and are the ones i fitted

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How low did you go? Thinking about 30 or 35 so i don't have to change dampers or shockers or whatever you call them

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks smart, might try and find the 35mm just for that tiny bit extra. Shouldn't make much of a difference but :shrug:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump, Does the sports button on the Astra 1.6T affect the springs? My mate has a 1.8 and he says its a hassle to lower his car due to sports suspension or something like that

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
It's only a issue if your car is fitted with ids

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
Can't remember how to check if your car has it though lol

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
Cheers blink knew it was really simple lol