Astra Owners Network banner
481 - 486 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all I'm Paul and thanks for having me on the forum. I already have a question and I'm hoping for some advice. I have just purchased an Astra 1.6cdti estate. It was delivered to me on a trailer. When the guy drove it down the ramp the engine sounded like a bag of spanners. It sounded bad for around 15 seconds and l switched the engine off. I restarted the engine and it was fine(although still not as quiet as when l started it at the garage a couple of days earlier). From my research I'm thinking the timing chain ran dry when the car was on an angle while being unloaded. My question is would it have done any lasting damage? By the way the oil level was only half way up the dipstick. By the way the car is within the 14 day return period. What would your advise be please guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reternal
Hi all I'm Paul and thanks for having me on the forum. I already have a question and I'm hoping for some advice. I have just purchased an Astra 1.6cdti estate. It was delivered to me on a trailer. When the guy drove it down the ramp the engine sounded like a bag of spanners. It sounded bad for around 15 seconds and l switched the engine off. I restarted the engine and it was fine(although still not as quiet as when l started it at the garage a couple of days earlier). From my research I'm thinking the timing chain ran dry when the car was on an angle while being unloaded. My question is would it have done any lasting damage? By the way the oil level was only half way up the dipstick. By the way the car is within the 14 day return period. What would your advise be please guys.
Return it and let them sort it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Previous Astra K Owner for 5 glorious years.
Now Astra L 2022 PHEV GS Line owner, and quite happy with the upgrade.
I want to know if anyone knows where I can get the "dead pedal" for the UK Automatics as the Opel versions have a plate and I dont! :)
Automotive lighting Flash photography Audio equipment Bumper Automotive design

Credit should be given to this Youtube video :

481 - 486 of 486 Posts