Astra Owners Network banner
421 - 440 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there anything else I need to do to get full access to the forum? I used to be able to look at the sales threads on my last profile, this one seems to be restricted still.

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,703 Posts
Need 25 or 50 posts to be able to view that part of the forum, but if you have an old account the admins may be able to link your old and new one

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all, just got a 62 plate (2013 registered) 1.7 CDTi Diesel Active. Not a bad wee car but nowhere near the power of my old 2.2 Civic CDTi but hey that's obvious.

Joining this site after reading dozens of threads here about the crappy trip computer which shows almost nothing. Gutted though that the members who can fix it are so far away (I live in Fife, Scotland). Preparing myself for phoning VX dealers in my area and being told Trip computer can't be activated.

Cheerio!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi ya. Got a 02 plate astra coupe g SE2. Was on VBOC but moved here as the pots are more regular and I often use the site for problem solving and mod ideas.
Cheers for the help from members.

·
27,703 Posts
Welcome aboard, nice to see were getting some more members again with the mk4s, been a sad lack of then of late apart from a select few

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
27,703 Posts
Do like a good coupe, almost bought a black 2.2 SE2 with black and white leather when looking to upgrade the mk4 hatch which I had as my first car, but did a lot of miles so opted for a 1.9 mk5 diesel instead, won't mind a mk4 888 however :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I dream of 888's. I could never bring myself to own a diesel. I heard that 1.9 CDTI's do shift though and wouldn't be far off a 2.2 in performance. As long as the turbo is good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
27,703 Posts
I would say they would leave the 2.2 for dust in everyday driving, mines was running 205 HP with 336 ft/lb so was no slouch, and tbh it wasn't that bad a car to drive

·
27,703 Posts
It should do, was on 86k when I got rid and know it's still on the road 3/ 4 years later.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thankyou �� I will upload some pictures of my car later. I have been doing some bits to it lately but I found oil leaking out my intercooler last night so it's in the garage right now ��

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay, here goes nothing.

They expect me to introduce myself and being a sociable type, I thought I would oblige.

I will draw the line at posting a picture though because I am not sure if anyone has just eaten and I would not want to be responsible for them feeling ill.

Been tinkering with anything mechanical for what seems like eons, probably because it has been.

Looking forward to some interesting conversations and exchanging ideas.

All the Best.

Rob.

421 - 440 of 479 Posts