Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
40,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want this to put a downer on anything but i'm sure it couldn't be fantastic for everyone. Or could it?

Has anyone got any thoughts on improvements?

Please don't mention the setting up of cars. We can't do anything about this. We don't know the size and shape of stand and we will always be late comers. So it's never going to change.

Anything anyone would like to see taken away? Or anything extra?

PM me if you have something you want to say but don't want to appear a killjoy (Y)

·
A.O.N. - Events Administrator - (Dawn)
30,097 Posts
Apparently we need more burgers and cheese slices next time. Not sure who did the shopping for the BBQ and got it wrong this time :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Can u stop too much sun? Lol.

Was a very good day, thanks to the AON Team for everything they did!

·
4,591 Posts
It was my first show so I don't have any means for comparison, the only thing I thought was lacking on the day was, as mentioned, cheese :p

The setting up of the cars was fine, and took less time/was more organised than I thought it would be so if it's that good next time then happy days from me. Of course there's gonna be some reshuffling but that's just how things go.

I think a nice touch for next time would be more lanyards etc for members as I spoke to a lot of great people from the club and can only remember a couple of names (I'm terrible with names so it might just be me) but it was nice that a lot of the long standing members had t-shirts/hoodies with their forum handle on at least which made it easier to put a name to a face/wheels.

Also I know a few people had bits and pieces they were selling on the day (car parts as well as animal parts :p) so maybe another table at the side with a bit of car boot sale style action? If we're allowed to sell stuff or how the logistics would work I don't know just throwing ideas around at the moment.

Have to say an awesome show though :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I think the day as whole went very smoothly and for me personally I dont think there was anything that would of made the day any better.
I loved all the things that were implemented like the sign up on the day proved really good :)

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Much like Jamie, I haven't been to a show before to know what it is normally like... But I honestly can't think of anything I would have changed about yesterday :shrug:

I think it all went very well, so a massive thanks again to everyone that made this possible :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I know Lou & myself were late deciding on doing the drag strip this year but sum how arrange it so the car who wish to do the strip or track to be able to get a little easier access

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I know Lou & myself were late deciding on doing the drag strip this year but sum how arrange it so the car who wish to do the strip or track to be able to get a little easier access
You were supposed to actually tell us if you were planning on doing the strip then we would have grouped the strip guys together and you could have just drove out ;)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
You were supposed to actually tell us if you were planning on doing the strip then we would have grouped the strip guys together and you could have just drove out ;)
Plus the fact the pitch wasnt as was described to us and was alot smaller than we were told so we had to make do with what we had.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I tried that at TFS and still got put at the back

·
A.O.N. - Events Administrator - (Dawn)
30,097 Posts
It was mentioned, we need to keep the water on the boil, as some passers by had to wait awhile for coffee :lol:

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
can we get a kettle that makes less noise :lol:

and free massages would be good
Nope

It was mentioned, we need to keep the water on the boil, as some passers by had to wait awhile for coffee :lol:
Agreed, though this was made worse by people who pushed straight to the front of the queue and emptied the kettle leaving Dave & Andrea without a brew ;)

double cheeseburgers
We would have happily done you a doubler (Y)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts