Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a star silver astra 3 door and i struggle to get a wet look finish anyone help me out with buyin some products that will help me acheive this?

so far i am using zymol wax then autosmart carnuba gold then autglym extra gloss protection, does give a nice shine but not as deep and wet as would like :(

i no that silver is a really hard colour to achieve a gloss finish to but any help is much appreciated.

also wheels! what can i do to stop brake dust etc sticking to them, nothing is more annoying than cleaning your car driving down to the shops etc and ya wheels are covered in black dust :(

thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
my gsi is star silver,i use chemical guy ez creme glaze with acrylic shine ( 2 coats) then cg jetseal 109 sealant (2 coats) then meguires last touch detailer to finish off,there just what i use and get good results,but there are many products and combos which am sure other people can help you with..as for wheels i use cg hardcore paste wax or jetseal 109 and this helps a great deal imo,but maybe also using a good brake pad can help too ;)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
As lee said love chemical guys ez creme at the mo, with silver i would prob try a sealant finish by using Zaino Z2 or dodo super natural as a wax? though zymol wax is good which one are you using?

o and i would certainly dump the extra gloss protection.

wheels wise either a dedicated wheel guard like cg wheels guard or poor boys wheel sealant or you could just use a sealant or wax

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
yeh i have the autoglym extra gloss protection which ive used and like but doesnt last very long at all.

also try using a wash that has gloss enhancing properties like cg wash and gloss,i find this helps just that bit more with squeezing some shine from my silver gsi

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As lee said love chemical guys ez creme at the mo, with silver i would prob try a sealant finish by using Zaino Z2 or dodo super natural as a wax? though zymol wax is good which one are you using?

o and i would certainly dump the extra gloss protection.

wheels wise either a dedicated wheel guard like cg wheels guard or poor boys wheel sealant or you could just use a sealant or wax

i use zymol cleaner wax from halfords. am thinkin about moving over to either cg jetseal 109 or ez glaze like you mentioned

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have just bort some cg ez creme glaze and cg jetseal 109, will these be enuff?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
yeh should be fine for bodywork and wheels,try 2 coats of each on the bodywork...2 coats ez creme then 2 jetseal... and two coats of jetseal on wheels and see what you think to that,wouldnt buy anything else till you see if your happy or not as it get easily addictive :)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
its a tried and tested combo that works very well and havent really heard a bad comment about the combo to be honest, only thing i would say is with winter next jetseal might be enough when the really ****** weather hits so might want to be looking at colli for then?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yer my mate has collinite but it so hard 2 rub off if leave it to long before buffing

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
colli is fine just have to apply it with a damp application pad, apply very thin and i mean very thin layers 24 hours apart min, dont leave for too long do a swipe test every now and then to check and dont apply it in direct sun light either. you can also use qucik detailer to aid removing it also wouldnt be without it

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah yeh is very good stuff tho my mate gets awesome beading with it, may invest in some myself, but jetseal 109 is almost same isnt it?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
jetseal is a sealant where as colli is a wax,wax will prob give u more durability than a sealant but lighter coloured cars tend to look better with a sealant applied rather than a wax,altho there are sum really gud waxes out there designed for lighter coloured cars,i think apart from peoples recommendations..its a matter of trial and error to see which products you think work best...but as said by me and alan hanson in the above posts,try those and you wont go far wrong :)

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
i'd recommend the ez creme/jetseal combo also. wax wise, i've found pete's 53 and collinite 476 both to be good and both pretty durable too.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
is your car colour lightning sliver kevc?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts