Astra Owners Network banner

Which key to buy? (Astra SRi TS02e - Australia)

406 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  solorider 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have a Holden badged Astra SRi which was first plated in 2004 but I suspect it's a foreign TS 2002 model because my registration papers list the model as "SRi TS02E". Lookng at Google images it also looks like an Astra-G SRi.

I bought the car second hand and got no service manual and only one key. I am trying to get a second key at the moment and my dealership is trying to charge AU$300 (GBP150)!!!!

So, I am thinking eBay is a better option for the fob and blank key (about $70), and I can get them to cut and program for about AU$80-100.

One thing to note, I had the dealership fit an after-market alarm, but it seems the key was not replaced in this process - the key I got was scuffed etc. The existing key controls both the doors and the remote.

So, I have a few questions...

1. Which key do I need? There appears to be a Bosch, Megamos and some other one that all look the same.

I *think* it's the Bosch one... would buying this be suitable?

2. A major part of the programming cost appears to be coding. A few eBay items claim to eliminate this by connecting a cable to the car's computer. Can anyone confirm this, as I would prefer to buy a cable and play with it myself over giving the dealership another penny than I have to.

Would something like this be suitable?

Thanks heaps guys. I am sure these questions have been answered 100 times before, I just can't seem to find it anywhere cos I am getting all manners of incorrect search matches!

Cheers
DanVito

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.