Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been after a kit for a while and finally going to order a set. however, i dont which bulb i need... isit h7 or h7r?
Derby-20120528-00151.jpg
there is the headlight which i have ( standard sri im guessing) which bulb would you guys say is best?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
H7R but these are now 100% illegal so no point in doing it. I got away with using them for two years, but failed MOT after they got stricter on the law last April.

Forget HID’s in standard headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Or do what I did, get hids ( h7r) at 35w and most importantly at a colour temp of 4300k ( when they are warmed up they look like normal bulbs

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Or do what I did, get hids ( h7r) at 35w and most importantly at a colour temp of 4300k ( when they are warmed up they look like normal bulbs
So why not spend a tenner on notmal bulbs then £60 on hids...?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking at gettin 5k because they are between the norm 4300 and the blue tint of 6k

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
U can get them mate someone I no has them in his leon look nice without bein too much. Do you think I should just get h7 bulbs?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have 5000k's never had no problems just passed mot in july, if you stick to white and not blue you should be ok

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
@crash mat

Better visibility on the roads! And when they first turn on they are quite blue for a few seconds as they warm up, that blue-ness makes me smile :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
U can get them mate someone I no has them in his leon look nice without bein too much. Do you think I should just get h7 bulbs?
You need a kick in the pant's those who just use H7, at least go for H7r and don't dazzle other road users.

H7 in standard reflector headlight is irresponsible.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts