Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought myself a GTC 2012 with 100k miles on it. Not sure how many times the previous owners changed the gearbox oil, if at all.

Which gearbox oil should I choose, also how much do I need for an oil change?

Cheers,
F

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is always good to change the oil, especially in the problem-prone M32 transmission. In that gearbox should pour more oil than the official specification says, but don't remember how much.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Oil degrades, leading to less protection & therefore wear. Pretty cheap service item to help prolong the life of the box...
Then again, if you wish to spend money on some wind deflectors then that's your choice.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Fuch Titanfluid as Ant21 said and also to put about 3 litres in which is what most M32 gearbox builders will tell you. Make sure you can undo filler plug first before draining oil.Hopefully as its a 2012 model it might have the modified end case with a bigger 6th gear bearing and the oil channel that supplies oil to it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Best way to look after the gearbox is not to abuse it, you can change the oil every month but just that alone will not guarantee longitivity. It just a placebo effect. Your box will give out and you'll be saying "i don't know why this has happened as I changed the oil regularly". Spend ya time and money on something else 🙄

1 - 10 of 10 Posts