Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an astra h 1.7cdti club and trying to fit the vxr front bumper to it. I've got the fog lights and the wires coming out the back but i cant find anywhere to plug them in to. Have I got to change the whole wiring loom or are the plugs hidden somewhere? I am going to fit the light switch with front/rear fog buttons to control them too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It didn't come with fogs as standard.
I already have the adapters, brought them the other day.
I just don't really want to wire them in on a separate loom or try and tap into the existing loom as i wouldn't have full control then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm building the car for style, not performance so brake cooling ducks are useless to me. :lol:
I've seen a walk through on another website of wiring it myself then went to look at my fuse box and have found that it is full. There are only 3 fuses missing non of these were needed for wiring the fogs in. I don't know now whether the relay and fuse is just placed there or if it all works... Is there anyone on here that could check the wiring is there/do the wiring for me and tech 2 it??? Also looking for cruise control to be done as i do sooo many miles and ankle aches arent good.

·
Registered
13,579 Posts
To be fair, break cooling 'ducks' would be useless to anyone :p

You'd probably rack up quite the 'bill' finding a duck that could do the job too :couch:

I'll get my coat now :rofl: :rofl:

Sent from my Big_Bad_iPhone_4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
ok... i dont know what ian means about ducting? lol :sus: but you can fit foglight to a car that did not come with them, i did it to mine, took it to gaz and he did everthing needed you will need a new headlight switch with the fog button, a realy for the fogs, ( you can get this from the dealers, and you need to open up (i mean properly open ie disasellbme) the fuse fox and add the terminals for the fogs then run the wires to the lights and take a negitive from the bodt of the car, then tech 2, there is a guide on astra owners club google it and it will come up.......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at that guide on astra owners club and went to check out my fuse box but its complete. The fuse and relay he tells you to put in is already there, apart from the 15a fuse he shows you is only a 5a fuse on mine. Im not sure. Ive just pm'd stampede to see if he would be up for the challenge but could also try gaz as well. Im not an electronics man. :lol: Thanks astra_life

·
Registered
32,559 Posts
ok... i dont know what ian means about ducting?
That's because you're you.

Foglight ducting are tubes of, well, ducting... that go from the foglights and route to the brakes. This means that instead of foglights, you channel the air that hits that part of the bumper through to your foglights, thus helping to cool your brakes and reduce brake fade.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's because you're you.

Foglight ducting are tubes of, well, ducting... that go from the foglights and route to the brakes. This means that instead of foglights, you channel the air that hits that part of the bumper through to your foglights, thus helping to cool your brakes and reduce brake fade.

Basically, you replace something that will improve your viability at night (other than HID's) and replace it with a piece of plastic that will cool off your breaks. As my breaks haven't been upgraded to Tar-ox atm I don't think I need them. :lol: Maybe once I've finished doing the styling element then ill start with the performance, but by the time that comes around I would have probably sold the car then... wasted money as my Mrs says to me all the time, my reply they were a bargain at £250.

·
Registered
32,559 Posts
Basically, you replace something that will improve your viability at night (other than HID's)
You do realise that foglights are not designed to improve your visiblity at night? They are designed to improve your visibility through FOG, but don't even do that very well. Bearing in mind that front fog lights is firstly not a requirement, secondly not standard on all models and thirdly being dropped by most manufacturers, I wouldn't say that you are replacing something ultimately useful with something completely useless.

Obviously everyone has their differences, I can understand why you don't want to go that route...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.