Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought the car doors were designed in a way to prevent water drops from getting near into the speaker area when you open the car door since that is electric which can cause the speakers not to work.Today when it was raining quite heavy I noticed that some of speaker grill area had rain droplets Where I was getting in the car.

It got me thinking do car manufacturers just stick the speakers near the door and not consider of getting wet which could potential damage the speakers as it is electric.

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
You would need significantly more water than that to do any damage. Car designers are far more interested in putting the speaker somewhere practical and where it stands a chance of producing a decent sound than whether it might every once in a while get a small drop of water on it that will do no harm at all

Stop worrying and get on with driving your car (Y)

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
If you take the doorcard off you'll see some clear plastic sheet which is supposed to stop the water coming into the interior door area. It may be that a bit of it has peeled away from where its fastened down and is allowing a bit of water to get in. Have a look and refix it back in place with some heavy duty tape such as gaffer tape/carpet tape etc.
There are plenty of guides on the web regarding taking the doorcards off if youve never done it before (Y)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You would need significantly more water than that to do any damage. Car designers are far more interested in putting the speaker somewhere practical and where it stands a chance of producing a decent sound than whether it might every once in a while get a small drop of water on it that will do no harm at all

Stop worrying and get on with driving your car (Y)

True but Music is important to car entertainment or else we would be humming inside our car silently or just listening to car engine :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts