Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has probably all ready tryed this bit i thought i'd give it a mention.
I have a set of 18inch Team dynamics sprayed up to match my van and like to try and keep them clean.
Don't know bout anyone else but the wheel cleaners you get from Halfords and such are quite expensive and only seem to last a few squirts and you still have to scrub like crazy to get all the gunk off.
So the other day when i was washing the van noticed i had no wheel cleaner so i went and used some good old Cilit bang! kitchen spray,did the job a treat,in fact better than the wheel cleaners Ive used in the past
;)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
I would guess that the Cilit Bang has many of the same chemicals in it as the wheel cleaner does,

Thanks for the tip buddy

·
Registered
681 Posts
I use Bilberry Wheel Cleaner its very reasonably priced and works brilliantly. I bought 5 litres makes it even cheaper. :thumbs:

·
Registered
316 Posts
they use it now to clean up NUCLEAR WASTE must be strong stuff:lol:

·
Registered
134 Posts
think i would rather find out whats in it first before using it on wheels as the laquer tends to be a tad sensitive
Too true, you don`t what to be using anything too harsh, I use diluted Bilberry when car shampoo stops removing the brake dust.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MY wheels have been sprayed and lacquered and using the Cillit bang hasn't hurt them, thats what lacquers for!!;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts