Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble getting there alignment done? Went to national tyre 3 times and the steering wheel is still of track to the wheels, car drives fine in a straight line. Just the wheels still off centre

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Yeah that's the problem with these fast fit type places. Need somewhere that does 4 wheel alignment or find an independent garage that has the equipment.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Yeah that's the problem with these fast fit type places. Need somewhere that does 4 wheel alignment or find an independent garage that has the equipment.
I know a lot of people don’t like them but kwikfit never had any issues doing mine on the Sri or van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Completely agree Davo my local kwikfit have been awesome to me over the years.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Tbh they are using the Hunter system which by all accounts is the best on the market these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
It’s probably got something bent,i do tracking and tyres as a job and weve had customers that’s been to s**tfit and still had the same problems so we offset the steering wheel but keep the tracking right and this straightens up the steering wheel

·
Registered
191 Posts
They are supposed to allign the wheels with the steering wheel set straight ahead.

You can always remove the wheel and move it to the left or right by 1 spline. However this means removing the airbag so you need to know what your doing.
Personally i would take it back as they have not completed the job correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts