Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Well due to my other thread about my conti's cracking that most of you have most likely seen i'm on the look out for four new tyres. Now i'm one of these people that don't want cheapy cheapy tyres but also don't want to spend an absolute fortune either sort of in between lol.

My tyre size is 225 45 17. What have you guys got??

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've seen a couple of threads on this subject, and from what i hear & read Toyo T1R's are pretty good for the money. They're about £80 a throw i think. I'll be getting some very soon to replace the cheap & nasty budget jobbies the dealer threw on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If in Uk its easy to find or to buy Potenzas... I recomend you. I have a Potenza RE050, 225/45/17, treadware 140 and temperature AA.... are wonderful !!!! really

·
Registered
72 Posts
I always used to have Michellins as they were what were fitted to an old Astra of mine but they didn't have them in once and I got Good Year's instead and instantly noticed they were a quieter tyre (type: NCT 5). I have stuck with them ever since for this reason. Don't know if they are the best or not but I usually stick with what I know :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nankangs, wont get them at many places but they are made in the same factory has yokohama, you'll be looking at 50 per tyre on your size.

I have them on my Pentas, they are great for the money, not much worse than the Vredestein sessantas i had last.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Might help if you give us a budget for the pair?

I recently had some eagle F1 GSD3's fitted. They are no longer made and were replaced with the asymetrics but you can still get hold of them, I took my car over the cat and fiddle yesterday, it was a bit damp in places, the fronts were twitching all over the place when breaking hard into a corner, the backs felt totally planted!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts