Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, looking to change my speakers and was advised to change to some custom fit pioneer ones...

TSG1001i / 2002i

any better suggestions please?. something that sounds better than the standard i have..:(

many thanks everyone...;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone please?...thanks...

·
Registered
78 Posts
ok, you will find an improvement by fitting new speakers,but remember the speaker will only reproduce the sound from your radio,so its worth considering swapping the radio for a quality aftermarket item.also,while they are pioneer,the tsg range are very basic entry level items.look at tsa,or tse for better quality,without breaking the bank!remember you need an adaptor/spacer to fit the astra h,either buy or make from mdf?good luck!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
many thanks indeed.
cheers everyone.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I agree. The front speakers are pretty good when an aftermarket is fitted. Lots of low bass, mellow mid-range, nice crisp clear tops and no distortion. But fade to the rear speakers only and they are embarrasingly bad. No, they are absolute crap.

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
if i were you i woul.d not bother with the speakers. Until you have replaced the head unit. the difference from this is enough to impress alot of people.
If you are still not happy then get some better speakers

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, might just replace the head unit.
any suggestions on what to go for then please?.
thanks lots.

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Alpine and Pioneer are both very good brands,

If your budget will stretch to it the VXMMI is also very good

·
Registered
78 Posts
i know nothing about this vxmmi,apart from it does everything?quality would be my question?
remember you need facia,iso+aerial connector,and wire to 12v to swap to anything else.
for aftermarket units,go with alpine!

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
i know nothing about this vxmmi,apart from it does everything?quality would be my question?
remember you need facia,iso+aerial connector,and wire to 12v to swap to anything else.
for aftermarket units,go with alpine!
With the VXMMI, you don't need anything like the ISO adapters, facias or anything. It is made to fit directly without needing any adaptations.

I visited the TTints stand at Trax yesterday and had one of the guys give me a personal demo. It is a really awesome unit. Quality was also my concern. It didn't look that great build quality in the pictures, and the interface looked a bit dodgy... but when I saw it in person, it's a lot better. The quality is just as good, if not better, than the standard CD30 in the Astra, the interface is nice and clean, well laid out, and the features are great.

I don't even have one and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I'm definitely getting one, hopefully by the end of the year :mrgreen:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another vote for getting the head unit sorted first. From my own experience (looking for sound quality rather than flashing lights), I'd suggest Alpine, or maybe Clarion. It may be worth going for a digital radio, to be future proof.

I had some Clarion 6x9 speakers on the parcel shelf of my Fiesta which sounded pretty good (chosen after listening to Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer et al). You might find a subwoofer better for filling in the sound. For absolute base, bigger is better (ooh, err, missus!), but 10" more musical, and if you go for an active type (has it's own built in amplifier), that would free up the 4 channels on your head unit to drive the remaining speakers.

HTH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts