Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided to service the motor myself this year. Euro car parts recommend 5w 40 fully synthetic.
is there any premium oil that would be suitable for the motor. My Astra is the cdti 1.7 2011 plate.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Use Vauxhalls own oil. Guaranteed to be the right stuff and if ordered from dealerships on eBay is often cheaper than ECP

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
If the 1.7 in the mk6 is similar to the one in the mk5 then you'll need somthing like 5.5l but should tell you the oil capacity in the hand book in the specifications area at the back

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
3,890 Posts
Yes the 1.7CDTI needs slightly more than 5 litres. I always buy Geniune GM Dexos 2 5W-30 which is the recommended oil for this engine. At trade price from a dealer or various ebay sellers you can get it for around £20 for 5 litres (full retail price is £60!!).

Shell Helix is equivalent and is actually what my local Vauxhall dealer uses.

This thread (in our stickies section) has useful information about service parts and oil:
http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?142741

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If the 1.7 in the mk6 is similar to the one in the mk5 then you'll need somthing like 5.5l but should tell you the oil capacity in the hand book in the specifications area at the back
5.4 litres, according to my handbook, for the A17DTE, A17DTC, A17DTF, and A17DTS engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts