Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i fit a tuning box do i need to use better fuel or can i use the standard stuff ?cos any mileage gains could be swallowed up by the extra cost.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have always used shell fuel as a matter of course, I don't believe the quality of fuel at the supermarkets is as good IMO, perhaps due to the tanks never being cleaned. I have been recently using shell v power diesel and liking it. Seems like i get approx another 3MPG and better response from the car. If you want to raise the cetane level of the fuel perhaps you should use Millers Oils Diesel Sport 4 or another cetane increaser. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have always used shell fuel as a matter of course, I don't believe the quality of fuel at the supermarkets is as good IMO, perhaps due to the tanks never being cleaned. I have been recently using shell v power diesel and liking it. Seems like i get approx another 3MPG and better response from the car. If you want to raise the cetane level of the fuel perhaps you should use Millers Oils Diesel Sport 4 or another cetane increaser. :D
Shell V Power and Millers PS4 is my preferred brew, the diesel motors I use have never ran so good, **** the extra pennies :cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I cover loadsa miles(30-35k a year).. so don't bother with any cetane additives or v-power etc..

Do use Shell as a rule, as it's the cheapest garage in my area and i collect the points..

My runs perfectly fine without any additives.. Ok you may get more response and mpg using these.. But there's no problem not using them either...

Approx 50miles more a tank and a hell of a lot more grunt..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar
I gained 3mpg by switching from supermarket to 'Total' diesel.

The trip computer in the Astra is way out.
Good point. But as my post doesn't mention the use of a trip computer, why quote me?
I calculate my fuel consumption the old fashioned way....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts