Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at gettin a new motor next year but always like looking way in advance!
Due to me being 19 and insurance being so high ive already had a few quotes on various cars and cant really afford anymore than around a 200bhp car. What cars r there around 170/180bhp? Astra/leon/focus kind of size?

Cheers :)

Dave :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
You wanting to stick to petrol or would you consider getting a diesel and boxing it? That's the first thing that jumps to mind for bigger power but not necessarily bigger insurance.

·
Registered
346 Posts
2.0 TDCi Focus? I'd say budget-wise there's not much point looking at anything VAG (apart from possibly Skoda or Seat?) or the 2.2 Civic unless you're prepared to accept much older with big miles on it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont like focus'. Was thinking of a 1.6t astra or 2.0t 170? As 200 is 2000+ insurance

Dave :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
2.0 TDCi Focus? I'd say budget-wise there's not much point looking at anything VAG (apart from possibly Skoda or Seat?) or the 2.2 Civic unless you're prepared to accept much older with big miles on it.
You don't want a Ford :nah:

As said, anything VAG will either be about 10 years old, or 100k+.

2.2 Civic eats clutches from what I've heard!

If you want a diesel, check out Renault - solid cars and very frugal engines but not expensive.

Astra 1.6T is what I would be looking at, or maybe Megane GT (looks a bit like the 225 but without the silly insurance), or Civic 1.8 (new shape)?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
EP3 civic type r.

Cheaper on insurance than any of its competitiors.

Plus they are virtually bullit proof.

·
Registered
566 Posts
EP3 civic type r.

Cheaper on insurance than any of its competitiors.

Plus they are virtually bullit proof.
+1 if the insurance is affordable!

I've got my eye on an FN2 Type R next, especially after seeing the Type R Owners Club at Trax... :love:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Could get the Astra SRI XP 1.9 150, could easily get it to 200bhp and well over 300lb ft torque, plus insurance is cheap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts