Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most aerials are just a small base,
Looks like mine has a built in GPS thing,
My head unit is a cd 30, the cd is at the top and the pre set numbers go up to 6.
Other head units have there cd at the bottom and the pre set numbers go up to 9.
What is the difference in all of these.
Also, looking at opcom, my car should have the smaller aerial base.
Any info would be usefull, thank you.

Pic including.

·
14,979 Posts
No probs (y)

My old SRi with no spoiler (or at least no spoiler on the top - ignore the ironing board) and small base

Its replacement with spoiler and big base

The spoiler crashed into the aerial mast with the boot up otherwise.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes there are a few models of stereo
CD30
CD30 MP3.
CDC40 Opera
CD70 Nav.

I think thats all of them. The CDC40 is the best one. It has a much better internal amplifier, with i think 28 watts RMS per channel.
If you get the "Astra H Blaupunkt CDC40" it drops straight in. No extra amps or cables needed. They are only about £40 on ebay, so a bargain upgrade if you want better sound. They have a built in 7 band Parametric Equaliser too, so you can get the audio just the way you want it. You will also need a matching GID screen to go with it.

·
14,979 Posts
Depends what you want out of it. CDC40 have the best audio, but almost none of them have aux in, plus they don't tend to post well - the cd tray is fragile.
CD70 mostly have aux in and have sat nav, but they stopped making maps a long while back so the newest maps are already over 5 years old.
Both need a high level display so you need to find one already with a CID or GID.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The CDC40 actually has a screw on the side that says "Lock before shipping". But people forget to do that.
Its not that bad anyway, ive fixed 2. You just have to drop the CD changer bit off and put the Cartridge back into its runners.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes the CDC40 (CD Changer)
Has a 6 CD capability.
It has full CD text too so you can see which ones are loaded in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you have a aux in, with the cdc40 and where does the socket go/fit as they are sold separately.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So can any cdc40 fits any other car.
E.G. a vectra 2005 wI'll fit astra 2006, (just undo the gid, as many have the vectra air vents on)

But must make sure the head unit comes with the gid, don't need to pair or unpair.

·
14,979 Posts
There was a very few 40s made for proper aux - the aux in channel on it was desgined to be used for DAB and it's activated by the ECU when it sees the DAB ECU activate so it's not on all the time. You may be able to get round this, but it's probably not easy.
A Vectra unit won't do - the HU will physically fit, but the Vectra fascia is flat and it won't have the pointed front of an Astra or Zafira unit, and the screen isn't compatible either as the Vectra C was only half canbussed.
There's usually several Astra or Zafira ones on eBay.
If you get screen and HU you don't need any programming, they are programmed to each other.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now I have the upgraded cd opera head unit, the top screen fits, but the black cover won't fit into place,
Looking at each screens, one of them is flat at the bottom and the original one has a bulge alone the bottom, do I need the black surround that comes with the upgraded head unit.

This is the original unit, above

And the upgrade display is flat at the bottom,
Do I need the other black surround?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts