Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe i should have done some more research,
I bought two led reversing light bulbs from LedPerf in France for my coupe as apparently they sell good quality bulbs and at over £20 including delivery they weren't particularly cheap and don't even come in cardboard boxes but i must say i am rather underwhelmed, obviously they give off a different coloured light but other than that they seem a fair bit less brighter than the original, nineteen year old bulbs and as new filament ones only cost 50 p each its put me right off leds for the car at least anyway, the insides of the light cluster may be a bit dirty but it never seemed to affect the old bulbs.
( i have just searched and found some Ring and Osram leds locally that say they are much brighter than standard! :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
303 Posts
Cheapo Chinese LED's every time FTW (after the 14 day quarantine obviously!). Anything 5w and above should be noticeably brighter that the normal incandescent 21w bulbs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? i thought buying better quality would be best, i wish i had of bought the Ring or Osram ones instead of the French ones though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out i bought their "standard" led bulbs which are quite a bit less powerful than the original filament bulbs and their "full intensity" leds are 12 euros dearer :rolleyes: obviously my mistake but i'll stick to buying from the UK from now on unless i can't get whatever over here.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I generally buy the Chinese (not the bottom draw cheapest of them) LEDs. They work fine and are bright, but the failure rate is higher than proper 'branded' UK soured goods (little to no R&D or QA no doubt). The thing is you can buy 5-6 LEDS for the price of 1 sold over here, so even if you get the get the odd premature failure, it's still a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes fair point, i ended up phoning a local company and bought these, apparently very good quality and bright, had a good chat with him (business slow due to Corona virus!) about these and led headlight bulbs which i may give a try when my up to 150% brighter, 450 hour max super halogens give up the ghost.
1584693885530.png

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't take any pictures of the standard ledperf bulbs and i don't have any Chinese ones to compare too but these have a much better build quality than the French ones and in my opinion are very bright, so i am very happy with them so far, the wall and white building can hardly be seen with the reverse lights turned off.
IMG_9749.JPG
IMG_9750.JPG
IMG_9755.JPG

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And now they've packed up, my reverse lights have been a bit intermittent for a while, would it be the reverse light switch and is it best to buy genuine or is a pattern part ok? thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts