Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
40,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked in Wednesday with A.S.Autocare. Getting clutch and DMF fitted at the same time.

I won't get much for it selling so might has well have it done. Manifold done a few weeks ago so apart from a massive engine blow up, should see me another 100k

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Good on ya for keeping her.

Gets to a point like you said, were you have invested so much in the looks and upkeep, it’s not worth getting rid for the pittance resale value compared to the investment.

We are really after the new Tourer 1.4 turbo, but the new price was silly for the speck we wanted. Are 57 plat 1.6 was still at the point where we could get a return on it, so chopped her in for an 11 plate with less than 8k on the clock.

This with the four year warranty (not that we will keep it 4 years) should be a good trade in later for a nearly new 1.4 turbo when they start to pop up next year an ex-mobility trade in’s.

Our two local dealers can never get enough second hand petrol Zafiys in to meet local demands? They have over 30 diesels and no petrol’s. Strange how different parts of the country sell more diesels than others. They just don’t sell round this way.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How much are you paying mate if you don't mind me asking?

I've got an 08 plate Astra with only 42k on the clock and i'm getting movement in First and Sixth :(

Want to get it into AS Autocare to have the bearings replaced (if that's what it is) as soon as. Will the clutch and DMF need doing? I had these replaced about 10k miles ago because the DMF was knackered...don't fancy paying again!

Cheers

·
40,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bearings alone are £600 if just them doing.

It's a little more than that as I'm having the clutch and DMF fitted at the same time.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Nice one on making her last (Y) although am sure it was you who trie telling me not all gear boxes go :sus: :couch:

·
40,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not all do :D

I've not done bad. 112k with a Zafira 800kg more than an astra and 190bhp. There are Astras going with just 40k on the gearboxes standard.

The thing is, we probably have 0.001% of all gearboxes going on the forum compared to the millions of Astras/Zafiras sold that don't have problems.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
The weight could help though, less agressive accelaration but on the same hand put extra pressure on them

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, expensive time ahead, but 112k is good going.

I'm on 102k and only just replacing my clutch and DMF.

·
40,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm lucky, I have the money available, unfortunately it's out of the wedding fund account but Rachel understands!

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
I'm lucky, I have the money available, unfortunately it's out of the wedding fund account but Rachel understands!
Hmmm might have to ask our lass to marry me, buy a house then set up a joint account, my car will be sorted in now time! (a)

·
40,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Believe me, it's not exactly how it sounds!

I gave my eldest step-daughter £8 the other morning for college and told her to make it last. I walked her to the bus stop the next day and she asked for her bus fare. I said I thought I told you to make it last, she said she thought I meant last all that day!

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Believe me, it's not exactly how it sounds!

I gave my eldest step-daughter £8 the other morning for college and told her to make it last. I walked her to the bus stop the next day and she asked for her bus fare. I said I thought I told you to make it last, she said she thought I meant last all that day!
:lol: Sounds familiar, we gave Natasha (my other half's daughter) money for school, only to be used in an emergency, shock horror, sweets were bought...........in an emergency!

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Mine to date...

2005 plate, 102k miles.

1 x swirl flap replacement.
2 x alternators.
1 battery.
1 clutch.
1 DMF.

Just waiting for Mr Turbo to wave goodbye so I can go stage 3. :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts