Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im trying to decide on a good wax for my VXR in black, been looking at dodo wax and supernatural?

What your opinion on these or do u recomend any others?;)

·
40,693 Posts
Red Mist would really help after every wash but leave 24 hours after applying the wax before wiping down Purple Haze with Red Mist

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
In all seriousness though, Mickie has given you a good set up but for me i prefer CG to Dodo products.

I used to have time to clean the car and stuff - but now a just cannot be bothered.. more things a could be doing. From now on i'll just give MissyR a shout every few months :D

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
got super natural on mine before i had purple haze which i though was a brill wax but now to be honest although i havent tried many other waxes looks SN is awsome for the money think you will struggle to find better wax. Needless to say though as soon as summer is over colli is comin back out.

Have you thought of trying a sealnt instead of a wax?

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
In all seriousness though, Mickie has given you a good set up but for me i prefer CG to Dodo products.

I used to have time to clean the car and stuff - but now a just cannot be bothered.. more things a could be doing. From now on i'll just give MissyR a shout every few months :D
:sus: Pardon?

I'm with Mickie DoDo over CG for me :D and as above colli for winter (which is just around the corner)!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I thought you were a die hard Collinite fan Ian.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Just wonder who has better products for black cars CG or DJ?
Both good, I'm just biased towards DoDo
:I'm with Mickie DoDo over CG for me
Say the owners of a red and white motor :lol:

As the owner of a black car, I would say one product you should not be without is CG EZ Creme. Whatever wax you go for, at the end of the day, the visual differences will be slight, if noticeable at all.
However, EZ creme will do wonders for your black paint (and I assume other colours too). It will give your paintwork a lovely deep glossy look, just what a black paintjob deserves. I have yet to see any other product that gives black paint the same level of finish. Granted, like Mickie I'm biased (towards CG though), and if anyone wants to post some pictures to prove me wrong then I'll eat my hat. Otherwise I won't :D

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What wud u advise then Collinite 475 or 915 which i have then a sealent on top?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
collinite is a good product

Dodo is excellent

Im currently using Raceglaze55 - very very impressed. Not the cheapest but its a fantastic product

1 - 20 of 31 Posts