Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thought I'd sign up for the owner's forum considering I went out and brought this car at the weekend. Really happy with it and first Vauxhall I've brought, previous on Renault!

Anyway, found a small noise on the car which is puzzling me. When I go around a roundabout or a corner at some speed, I can hear a water gushing noise coming from the side of the car. It seems to be noiser from the back seats than the front behind the driver's side. The first thing I thought was the fuel tank, but I can't see how it would make such a noise and be so loud.

I've looked about on google and people have mentioned something about water drainage plugs, but not sure if that's for mark of car. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had this on mine, the spare wheel well was filling up with water. Couldn't get the draining holes open, so I soaked it all up with an old towel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All, thanks for your concerns, I've checked the spare wheel well and its fine. There are sills on the car though, even though its not the XP model just the standard one. How do I drain these off if it is the Sills?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts