Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, does the passenger's side washer jet on the windscreen have 2 jets of water coming out? My drivers side one does but the passenger side one only has 1 coming out of it, its the right hand jet,

I've poked a pin down the hole but nothing still comes out? Is there an easy fix or easy way to check everything is as it should be?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Iirc no. You need to swap them around so that the driver's side has only one jet. It won't work otherwise- I'm talking about the Isignia jets btw.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a thread on these but how easy are they to fit for someone who doesn't know about pulling the car to bits if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Its the easiest mod you'll ever do. It really is a piece of urine. I always pay for jobs to get done but did this one myself.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. I'll PM DEEJ to see about getting the parts for it and have a look at mine. Want to get them sorted as soon as because its annoying having a big smear on the passenger side where the wash hasn't got to the wiper.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Well in the meantime, try swaping the jets around.
Surely you can't? One jet has two pipe connectors, the other only one. Both should have the same twin jets of water output though, so yes, the OP has a faulty unit. Just done the Insignia jet mod on my car. Does improve things but very hard on the fingers to fit them! Frankly I'd not muck about, just buy a new jet or two. They are very cheap.

JS

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Yes you can swap them. The two pipe connector needs to be on the passenger side as thats where the water comes in and feeds to the jet on the driver's side. The single connector goes on the driver's side.

I agree that it can be harsh on your hands but i placed a towel on the thingy-me-jig to cushion them.

It can't be good for the wiperblade to be dragged across a dry windscreen, thats why i suggested swapping them around until he got the Insignia ones.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Netsky, given that the jets are 'handed', how can they be swapped side to side? You've lost me there unless we're talking at cross purposes. Oh, yes. I used a towel on the sharp edge too! Couldn't do it otherwise!

JS

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi Just collected my Astra SXI today and it has 2 jets on both sides. what's the diferance with the insignia jets?
Phil

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Netsky, given that the jets are 'handed', how can they be swapped side to side? You've lost me there unless we're talking at cross purposes. Oh, yes. I used a towel on the sharp edge too! Couldn't do it otherwise!

JS

I think we are; i thought the problem was the passenger jet not working. I had this problem to so swapped them around and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i want to do this to my antara but im uncertain that they will fit , can any one clraify that for me ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts