Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda stuck at the moment, basically the car wont start and its showing this code 152657... Ive checked the sticky against the code showing and its saying "P1526 Throttle Control Lower Position not Learned C-006"

To get to this situation the following happened, Sunday evening car didnt start, I suspected flat battery so got a jump and the car was fine, drove it for 2 hours with a stop in the middle, car still started fine so assumed the problem was fixed.
Monday morning same problem again, again I got it jumped but this time it went into limp mood, I killed the engine, carried out a pedal test with it showing these faults 152657 and 01410d. Believe the last fault is something just showing lack of volts. last night I topped up the electrolyte in the battery and charged it up,. This morning the fault 01410d has cleared which I hoped but now all Im getting is a fairly loud knocking noise which sounds like its coming from the starter motor and all the dials power cutting in and out whilst I turn the key. Battery was reading 11.5/12 volts before I fitted it. Any ideas guys? Im off work today so any ideas I can check and get back to you.

·
15,092 Posts
A fully charged battery should be closer to 13V so I'd still lean towards an iffy battery. Under the high current demand for start I reckon the voltage is collapsing hence the dials going doolally.

Do you have a good battery you can borrow to try?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
If the car starts its not the starter motor, even with a boost.

Sounds very like the alternator.

Whan the car starts what voltage is across the battery should be at least 13.7V.

If not alternator is gone.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but i cant wait to hear my dads responce when I tell him his kuga is gonna be out of action for a while...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the car starts its not the starter motor, even with a boost.

Sounds very like the alternator.

Whan the car starts what voltage is across the battery should be at least 13.7V.

If not alternator is gone.

It started with a jump sunday and then it was fine, Im thinking the battery is shot and not holding its charge charge like it should, once it was running on the sunday night the alternator had already put power into the battery after only 3-4 minutes of it running up, was able to turn it off and on and then drive 2 hours.

·
15,092 Posts
If it's still running after 2 hours then the alt is probably OK, if it wasn't the power steering would flatten the battery in a few minutes.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gonna try another jump see what happens, if nothing will try another battery, cheers lads

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's still running after 2 hours then the alt is probably OK, if it wasn't the power steering would flatten the battery in a few minutes.
yeah ive had that happen on a Mk3, everything just drained away in minutes

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just jumped it again, started up and isnt running in limp mode which is better, still showing the fault code tho... think its safe to say i have a knackered battery yeah?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts