Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the VRX injectors are a direct fit on the Z18XER engine? I couldn't find any hard confirmation on this and searched the forum.

The VRX injectors have a short neck vs the standard injectors.

VRX injectors:

Z18XER injectors:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be for a stock engine, but since I'm getting the motor some upgrades I'm thinking that I'll eventually need larger injectors. Right now I'm running a new 200 sportcat manifold, and getting the air intake upgraded as well. Working on remapping the ECU too.

The plan is to turbo it one day too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Probably better off using 2.0 n/a injectors a d a bigger inlet and a Decat exhaust with stainless system and save the rest of your pennies and but a cheap 2.0 turbo sri with the z20lel or ler engine and either drop that in your car or use your car to do up the sri turbo. You could sink a couple or 3 k in into that 1.8 boosting it 9nly to probably pop a rod or 2 🤔 I'd buy a wrecked sri and donor it all to your good one and leave it badged up 1.8 😎😎😎

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably better off using 2.0 n/a injectors a d a bigger inlet and a Decat exhaust with stainless system and save the rest of your pennies and but a cheap 2.0 turbo sri with the z20lel or ler engine and either drop that in your car or use your car to do up the sri turbo. You could sink a couple or 3 k in into that 1.8 boosting it 9nly to probably pop a rod or 2 🤔 I'd buy a wrecked sri and donor it all to your good one and leave it badged up 1.8 😎😎😎
I'd, but I'm in the US and only got the z18xer engine. If the injectors from the vrx or similar, physically fit in that would be great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Arrr gotcha 👍 find out what EV yours are are what cc and impedance they are and then search for the same EV with slightly higher cc a d higher impedance is what I would do then talk to a mapper and see what they think on the upgrade.. Does it haf an aif flow meter/Maf?? An inlarged intake pipe a bigger maf might be required too uprated Fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump to cope with the demand of fuel.

Ive not had much to do with tuning later N/A stuff

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have an maf, and I'm planning to install a diesel air box and de-restrict the air intake going to the air filter. I might modify the throttle body later too.

You guys got it good with all the massive Astra options there: ....whereas here in the states our jaws drop if we see a 320mm VRX disc on a standard Astra. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
I need a diesel Air box for mine. I've got a 2.0 turbo 200+ XP and running a Cross over delete with a cone filter.. Sounds awful 😂😂😂

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool do you have pics of your setup. I was recommended a diesel box but nit sure if it would make the car run lean.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Uprate the fuel pressure regulator half a bar if you can buy a replacement item. That's what I've done with mine as its demanding more fuel due to the map and larger maf...

Picture of my engine bay?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know of a guide on how to uprate the fuel pressure regulator per chance? yep a pic of your engine :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts