Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I'm New to the group I got a vauxhall zafira 1.8 sri xp 2008 I seem to have a problem with the indicators left and right flashing to fast but the h azzards work fine checked all bulbs personally I seem to think it's the indicator stalk with the built in c I m I might be wrong can anyone help thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there I'm New to the group I got a vauxhall zafira 1.8 sri xp 2008 I seem to have a problem with the indicators left and right flashing to fast but the h azzards work fine checked all bulbs personally I seem to think it's the indicator stalk with the built in c I m I might be wrong can anyone help thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
The CIM works by recording 4 positions of the turn signal stalk in digital form.
This information is transmitted from the CIM via the Low Speed CAN to the REC which then specifies the flash frequency and the duty factor.
It could be a faulty REC/wiring issue or water ingress tp the REC causing it,I'd check the REC looks ok and is nice and dry,
if the car has the small rear fuse box rather than a full REC it's function would be taken over by the UEC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The CIM works by recording 4 positions of the turn signal stalk in digital form.
This information is transmitted from the CIM via the Low Speed CAN to the REC which then specifies the flash frequency and the duty factor.
It could be a faulty REC/wiring issue or water ingress tp the REC causing it,I'd check the REC looks ok and is nice and dry,
if the car has the small rear fuse box rather than a full REC it's function would be taken over by the UEC.
Where would I find the rec

·
Registered
464 Posts
Under the cover in the nearside rear quarter trim panel,
if you look in your owners manual there are illustrations of the REC and UEC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi their you just made my day I went out and fiddled with it and now all the indicators are work fine thank so much for your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts