Astra Owners Network banner

Vauxhall Retrofit OEM Upgrade Bluetooth for CD300 & CD400

20K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  ederr6 
#1 ·
I have found on the internet a unit made by Meta Systems Product code 01730 to fit into an Astra J and Insignia also other Vauxhall cars. It uses The radio display and the buttons on the steering wheel Price £249

[h=2]Vauxhall Retrofit OEM Upgrade Bluetooth for CD300 & CD400 Headunits A2DP[/h]An innovative communication technology designed to interface the Vauxhall Insignia, Astra J, Meriva B, Zafira Tourer and Mokka. This bluetooth handsfree system has a specially designed interface to provide on screen information from the handsfree kit, it will allow use of the steering wheel controls for the telephone.

The system will allow you to access your telephone book and also allows A2DP music streaming to allow you to wirelessly play music from your Phone or other Bluetooth device.

Pushing the Phone/Aux button, the system automatically switches to "Bluetooth handsfree kit" using the original car display and call menu. Allowing you to easily scroll through the phone book of the connected phone, dial a number, use voice dial or re-dial.

The handsfree solution many Vauxhall Owners have been looking for is now here!

No vehicle coding required, the kit comes with instructions for selecting the car options by using your mobile phone. (i.e. display type T.I.D / G.I.D etc)
Easy to install and easy to use.
Compatible with CD300 & CD400 Systems (NOT SUITABLE FOR NAVI UNITS)
Click the Video tab above to see how to remove the Astra J Radio
What is a TID?
TID is the Triple Info Display (Radio / Time / Temperature) and looks like this:

What is a GID?
GID is the Graphic Info Display (Has Icons and allows you to go through radio menus etc on screen) and looks like this:

What you get:

I wondered if anyone had fitted one of these and what thoughts there was about this unit?

Regards Migwell

See less See more
#2 ·
that looks good and i have not seen that before
and as it works just like the original
and as it is cheaper than the retro fit and no coding is needed so that's a bonus
this looks like a much better and cheaper option,
nice find well done,

if i had not already got the retro fit Bluetooth i would give it a go,
if you do get it let us know how it works etc, :thumbs:

#3 ·
If you look around there is a video of one being fitted to an Insignia on their site Here is a link to the site:www.raysmith.co.uk

I wish it had been out before I bought the Parrot MKi9100. Seems a bit of a waste of money having had the Parrot installed and then swaping it at this time. My wife seemed none to pleased when I bought the Parrot and sold a sunvisor unit I had for 3 month, which was totaly useless. And I only lost £10 on that.

#4 ·
I phoned a firm in South Shields today who had fitted one onto a CD400 radio and said that they had not been out very long. He recons that the indicators still sound when on the phone. It will take up to 5 phones but it only reconises one at a time. Unlike the Parrot MKi9100. it also uses the steering wheel buttons as standard.

#5 ·
Looks very good - nice find :thumbs:

I notice this says it can stream music (A2DP) which the actual factory fit unit cannot do.

#6 ·
I bought this unit and am pretty happy with it, for phone calls anyway. The indicators don't make the clicking sound when on a phone call (well, they don't in my car) and the sound quality on a call is fine.

The music streaming is a bit of a kludge but it works... you can't adjust the sound properties on the stereo as it is in phone mode when the music is being streamed..

Took me about an hour to fit it, control unit tied up behind the glovebox and the microphone on the roof console panel as I couldn't be bothered to take the mic apart and hide it behind the panels by the interior lights.

Voice control relies on the phone, not the unit itself... so if the voice recognition on your phone works well you're in luck...

#10 ·
Hi Guys,

Iv also fitted this kit and very happy with it. It does mute the indicators when on a call. The music streaming works well with my iphone 5... can control the music player too play/pause/skip tracks. But yet adjusting bass and so on will have to be done on music player.

very easy to fit, hardest part is tucking all the new hardware away into the gaps but other than that excellent!

#13 ·
Hi nat695 I just put "Astra J Bluetooth" into Internet Explorer and looked through what it came up with, mine is using Bing and not Google, but that might not matter. There are quite a few places advertising them you can even get one from Amazon but it is £279 most are charging £249
My local audio shop has told me that he can put a couple of relays and a buzzer into the system to make a noise while indicators are flashing for about £20

#15 ·
Looking to buy one of these, going to fit myself as seems quite easy. Asking your opinions though, with the Mic, they show it clipped at the top of the pillar next to the driver, do you guys think it would be better run all the way through to where the VX mic lives on their system next to the courtesy light or would you guys put it the top of the pillar too? Think it might be worth the effort but never tried to remove the head lining before.

Any advice or opinions welcome.

#17 ·
When I had my Parrot fitted the installer didn't take down the head lining. He just tucked the wire behind the edge of the head lining and then down the 'A' pillar under the door rubber. He then passed it through the space above the top of the glove box to the radio position. Looking at the roof light I feel sure that if you take out the light and pass a wire through the recess it will come out above the wind screen you then can pull the microphone wire through and tuck it above the lining, as I said before. You should then have a microphone clipped in the Roof Light Cluster, as the Vauxhall unit does, and no wires showing.

I am getting one of those units as I am fed up having the parrot which spoils the dash, by having that daft button and the screen on show.

#22 ·
Oh well I took the bull by the horns today and bought one, but I dont know when I am going to be able to fit it as my wife is using the car every day at the moment. I hardly ever see it, in the mean time I will be able to study the instructions that came with the Meta Voice. Looks good though!

#25 ·
I started this afternoon to place the microphone in the proper Vauxhall overhead 3 part light panel. When I took out the back part I felt that I could easily push through a piece of expanding curtain wire. (The sort of stuff you use to put net curtains up with those little hooks & eyes. I just threaded it through from under the roof lining at the top of the windscreen, and eventually I managed to get it far enough back to get hold of it through the microphone panel. Next I taped the Microphone plug onto the curtain wire and pulled it through. Routed it around the roof lining around and the 'A' pillar then down the back of the door seal rubber lip and across the top of the glove box as far as where the radio sits. That was enough for today as it is getting cold and the light is going. I might get some more done in a few days as family comes first.

To get the microphone to fit into the panel I opened the little microphone that came in the Metta Voice kit and took out the part that is the microphone and mounted it in a block of foam insulation to hold it in position and to stop any vibrations. Then put the panel back together.

#26 · (Edited)
dicko16v It seems that on page 9 of the fitting instructions they show a way of fitting the unit without using a GID or TID display they also show a small picture of a "Display of the Navigation System type" but I have to say you can't see anything on the display about the opperation of the Meta Voice.

In my SRi I found the wires up in the light cluster for the Vauxhall microphone unit etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.