Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys this is my first post in this group , i am writing cause i have a clutch issue with my Astra and wondering if you have any insight of the problem .
The problem being is when i press the clutch pedal it travels 1/4 and then engages the clutch which i believe its normal but at the point of engagement if i release it it sticks at 1/4 before it engages it stick there for a moment before it comes back at the normal position , it feels like something "sticky"for example i engage the clutch and when i depress the pedal it comes back 3/4 and stays there for a moment and springs back to normal position :/ also i think changing gears is not so smooth anymore
it seems to be doing that when its warmer outside and less frequently when its cold sometimes feels absolutely fine in cold for a while.
i dont want to make this post very long but do you have any ideas what it could be ??

clutch and flywheel has been changed 3 months ago by independentdealership under first month warrantly at 52 k miles after clutch went to the floor and was making noises from gear box i been told they replaced the dual mass flywheel and the clutch i believe they changed the throw out bearing aswell although i am not sure
i have took the car to Vauxhall for a health check up they said everything is alright i also took the car to Kwik fit to diagnose the problem but they said they couldn't fault it even tho the pedal is abviously "sticky"
i would appreciate any ideas or any similar stories or any info you guys have thanks for your time

·
15,078 Posts
Is it definitely a K? They didn't come out until 2016?

If it is, has it had recall 18-C-120 carried out?
Or if not there's a bulletin on these for sticky clutch pedal.

If it is a 2014 car then it's a J and you're probably looking at a new pedal box, the clutch pedal bearing wears and becomes 'notchy' leading to the pedal stopping and then pinging up a bit more on the return spring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it definitely a K? They didn't come out until 2016?

If it is, has it had recall 18-C-120 carried out?
Or if not there's a bulletin on these for sticky clutch pedal.

If it is a 2014 car then it's a J and you're probably looking at a new pedal box, the clutch pedal bearing wears and becomes 'notchy' leading to the pedal stopping and then pinging up a bit more on the return spring.
hello thanks for the reply Stickman it is a Astra J i think i made a mistake there
never heard of that problem before on any forums i searched thus far hmmm :/ can you repair such a fault tho ? for example put some grease to it somehow or is it more complicated than that ?
i have the 6 months warranty that u usually get when you buy secondhand from a dealership but i need to find someone to knowledge the fault and give me a quote before i can do anything ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update : this morning the clutch pedal was working just fine no sticking or binding in the morning was about 17 degrees outside drove for about an hour around to do some shopping with some stops and its was perfectly fine dunno what to say after a few ours i went for another ride with the car and i could feel a little sticking the pedal , it was 21 degrees outside dunno if that makes any difference or what :/
also i think changing gears is not so easy for the pas few weeks since i had this problem they dont feel smooth more like slight resistance when i remove 3rd gear and slight resistance when i put 4th gear for example is there any connection here ?
ill try and take it to a Vauxhall garage as well to check it out see if they find anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts