Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. First of all, my car is an Astra GTC biTurbo 2014.
I recently bought this car from a dealership, initially when i saw the car, the engine failed to start on the first attempt, second attempt all good, did the test drive and everything was how it should be, smooth ride and plenty of power. But i was concerned about the fact that it didn't start on the first attempt, therefore the guy who owns the dealership called his mechanic to look at it and he said that the crankshaft sensor has to be replaced, unfortunately they couldn't get the part that day so he dropped the price for me and i decided that i will fix it myself. I send the car to a service, i haven't told them about the cranckshaft sensor just because i got warranty on it so i thought if something else is wrong than i won't have to pay for it. Anyway, they run a diagnose on it and they got this error code P0513 and they said that the fault came from the car key, and they advise me to use my spare key for a week to see if it's the same or not. I did what they said, same problem, if I'm not using the car for approx 8h it won't start on the first attempt. So i decided to go back and use the main key and now the problem seems to get a bit worst as if I'm not using the car for more than 7-8 hours it gets quite hard to even unlock the car. I got the car booked in for next week again so they can do further investigation. Meanwhile i will appreciate if any of you have any clue on what the problem can be, is it the key or it really is the crankshaft sensor or maybe something else?! Thank you.
PS: apologize for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language 😂

1 - 1 of 1 Posts