Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I was pulling away on a roundabout and suddenly the Service ESP message appears, ABS warning light ON and I lost my cruise control. Did a search someone mentioned the coil pack but I have a diesel car which I don’t think applies to me. Does anyone have this issue before?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Your car could be an Astra J or K,but not an H ,
as a start it needs a full module code read with Vauxhall compatible diagnostics which hopefully will give an indication of which area the fault lies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your car could be an Astra J or K,but not an H ,
as a start it needs a full module code read with Vauxhall compatible diagnostics which hopefully will give an indication of which area the fault lies.
After looking around for a code reader from friends but none will read the ABS. Finally bought a code reader Autel Diaglink that will read the code. It came up with C0035 Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit. Bought a brand new sensor and replaced it to find the same code. After digging more from internet on this C0035 apparently there are sub code and I went onto the code reader and select an older year 2011 on the reader settings and it finally brought up C0035 5A - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Not Plausible. I think it is time to change the hub? Tried jacked up the car and wiggle the wheel and it feels pretty good. No sounds from the wheel bearing when driving with the windows down. I had a look online and found some wheel bearing kit ranging between £30 - £200. Is there any benefit to go for the £200 unit as opposed to the £60 ish unit. I probably won't go for the £30 -ish unit from ebay. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Was just about to post the same,hub washer needs checking if it's a J, before changing the hub

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've double checked the VIN and it is definitely an ASTRA J. Another thing i find with my Autel Diaglink is that i can read the speed of both front wheel and I can see that the left wheel speed is inconsistent where regularly the speed fell to a low number compared to the right wheel speed. Does this pin point to this hub washer being the issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed you both are right. The washer is broken. There are rusted particle build up around the encoder ring forming patterns of slots. Took off the broken washer and spin the wheel with the code reader on live and I can see a clean speed reading with no dip in speed. Will order the washer and fit it back next week. Thanks guys, will let you all know if all are well when the washer is back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the late posting... Replaced the ring washer, Cleared the ABS and ESP warning and has been good on the test drive. I got my cruise control back. Thanks guys!!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts