Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help with this. Vauxcom just says Interface communication error or interface not powered by the car. Is this a driver issue?
FTDI driver are a version 2.8.30
Computer Font Screenshot Rectangle Software

Also only these two lights are turned on, I don't know if they should be
Water Liquid Sky Cloud Fluid

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
There's no problem using vauxcom on an Opel,the drivers you have installed are one of the recommended ones for clones,have a look in the serial converter properties and make sure the load VCP box is unticked

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I run all my diags on W7 but It should work with w10,
i have a good contact who sells opcoms in the UK and his certainly work ok on it.
There's an ftdi utility called ftprog,if you download it and do as per the 2 pics

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done that too. I think I've searched everywhere online and I can't find the solution. I saw on some forum post that software can kill the opcom unit. Could it be that.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It's the auto firmware up date after software change that can kill fake chips,
what f/w was yours running on when you bought it ?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Have you tried a different lead?,i have seen the occasional one that was faulty

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The lead between the unit and laptop

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've use 2 diifferent leads so I doubt both of them don't work. Last thing I can think of would be USB3.1 ports on my laptop. Since the cable is 2.0 it might be messing up the connection but I doubt it.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Not seen one that repaired,they are fake chips with matching firmware,once you overwrite with the genuine that's it,dead.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have tried another thing and that is to flash the unit with firmware v1.64 and now once I try to connect to anything, basically exactly the same thing happens as before. Only if it tries to connect to pin # 7, then the menu opens but at the bottom left it says "Connecting to the ECU." Connection to the ECU failed after waiting 2 sec... and keeps going like that. Do I need to have the original radio in the car because I fitted in an Android unit about a year ago? I still have the old radio though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
People seem to have a lot of issues with these Opcom things.

I just use a "VXDiag VCX Nano GM". With TECHII Win. Works great.
I have a real TECHII also, but the VXdiag is wayyyy quicker. Especially when reprogramming and updating ECU's.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
@pault_99 opcom is very good as long as you know what you're buying,although it's really only for code reading/live data and isn't capable of J2534 passthrough programming.
Most around have fake chipsets and those generally are nothing but a problem, being really easy to brick,this is a especially an issue for new users.

I bought a couple of vxdiags a few years ago as it looked a good and cheap solution but eventually gave up trying to get them to work properly,the back up from Vx diag themselves was virtually non existent (very much like most opcom sellers)
eventually i bought a Mongoose GM2 which although a lot more money has at least worked flawlessly since.

You're a Saab man and i well remember all the issues on the Saab forum about using vxdiag at the time,vxdiag got so much stick that they closed their wiki and stopped answering emails from me as well,never did get it working to my satisfaction.
It would appear they have sharpened their act up in the meantime and it's good to see yours is working ok.

One question,
Do vx diag still run the t2w and gds2 in a virtual machine,or do they run natively now ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts