Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as of this friday afternoon the SE will be taken back as faulty by the dealers choice of auctioneer.

Shame to see her go but been plauged with faults,

Mainly a savage leak through speakers causing damp & rust damage to both doors, which is the reason I had to get get ombudsman involved as after 9 attempts by dealer to fix then they & finance company washed their hands of the matter altogether saying water was normal to sit inside the car!

Along with that I had the Air con break, fuel filter sensor fault (insp4), steering wheels clicks (ribbon will break eventually), steering wheel lights flicker constantly, swirl rod is about to come loose, gearstick kicks slightly in 1st & 6th (impending box failure) & rust on boot.

My HP agreement is being terminated 3 years early & my deposit refunded.

All in all after refund+compensation+8% interest it works out the van has cost me £9 per working day to hire so not a bad result in the end.

A long legal battle over :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow that sounds like a nightmare! I'm looking for another van myself at the moment (an early 120) but I've noticed there's loads of no-VAT SEs for sale privately that are very very young - some only 6 months old. Makes me wonder what they're hiding..

What age is/was yours? If you've got your cash back it may be useful to list your reg here so that prospective van buyers know to avoid it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, was a bloody nightmare ;)

Its being collected by 'British Car Auctions' and the reg is SG58 JZW be warned! :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts