Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got my v grille started, i followed mixman's thread to the tea, fully prepared wet n dried etc four coats of primer rubbed down and now about to apply the fourth top coat before starting to finish off doesnt look too bad pics to follow:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol guys it wasn't as easy as i thought in fact i don't like the finish and may hafta re do it, no close up's as it didn't work out as i'd have liked but pic's tomorrow promise:(

·
40,693 Posts
It's better to take your time than rush it bud (Y)

I had the luxury of having a spare I could work on and do it again slower (Y)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha mickie well mine is done just uploading the pic's i am sourcing another as i don't like the finish at a distance it looks ok but up close it's pants so am doing another :D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys here you go, i don't like the finish so i will have another go:( but this will do for now. As you can see it's raining here AGAIN ffs.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
cheers mickie but there are two runs either side of the v you can't see them unless your up close :( just need to my foot down lol

·
40,693 Posts
I'd be happy with it.

I had runs but then I know that's from rushing. Lots of thin layers is better than thick layers that can run (Y)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
yeah will do another one mate slow time and take my time over it heading to fleabay to try and get another one lol cheers for the advice mickie:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Looking really well dude :D Eventually found the thread :p lol
I got two tiny runs in the V section as well :( Even went really light on the laquer.... :(

So when are you getting this kit stuck on :p GET IT DONE!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hmmm, i may have misread somewhere along the road?? I thought someone said you have done a sticky mixman on spraying/removing the v??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts