Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please, according to the car manual, the supplied jack with the factory fitted exterior pack cannot be used ! Is this the case ? . I was hoping to remove one of my front wheels today as i have a leaking CV joint boot, to clean up most of the grease from the wheel and find out if it is ripped or has lost a clip. I certainly cannot see anywhere i could use the supplied jack. Does this mean i will have to buy a trolly jack ?. Also where underneath would i position any of the mentioned jacks ?. Sorry for being a total novice with this one.

I would have hated the fact if i had gotten a puncture, wouldn't have been able to get car jacked up :confused:

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
i used it on mine for all 4 wheels and had no problems....

if you look under the car, behind the front wheel and infront of the back wheel from the side, youll see where the jack slots in :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

if you look under the car, behind the front wheel and infront of the back wheel from the side, youll see where the jack slots in :)
Away out right now to have another look. Thanks(Y)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just ben out and spotted this, take it im ok using standard jack here ?. Seems a bit soft about this area!.

Must clean underneath here "shocking":lol:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I used the standard jack on mine for all 4 wheels/calipers, no probs at all & I used the same bit pictured above mate. Slide it behind the wheel & in below, saves you having to lower the jack under the xp (Y)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Thats the spot matey, (Y) the last time I jacked my car up was to paint the calipers,
I pulled out my trollyjack only to fine that it wouldn't go unter the XP kit :mad:
So out with the standard VX POS, lifted the car a couple of cm, and then in with the trolly jack,

What a **** on that was

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the standard jack on mine for all 4 wheels/calipers, no probs at all & I used the same bit pictured above mate. Slide it behind the wheel & in below, saves you having to lower the jack under the xp (Y)
Thanks Bud, just having a coffee and smoke then away to see how i get on just hope i dont shear the locking wheel nut..... Heard their a bit of a mare.(Y)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Oh anw while your under there, get some soapy water and a sponge going on,
the underside of your car is filthy :lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well thanks again folks for all the help. cleaned all the gunge from wheel cleaned up all around the cv boot found the rip in it.

Just need to contact vauxhall tommorrow to get it fixed.

Thanks again all.:thumbs:

PS I will get underneath the side skirts all cleaned up :lol: Promiss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts