Astra Owners Network banner

Used CDTI SRI 150

600 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Spam the Lamb 
#1 ·
Hi,

I`m looking to buy a used 5 dr SRI 150 in the next month or so. Idealy i want black, silver or red with the X-pack. Looking for an 06 or newer with less than 40000 miles for approx £8000.

Is there any specific things I need to look for when checking over the motor, common faults etc?

What is your used car checklist?

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

#2 ·
The main stumbling blocks with the 1.9 (150) is the egr valve and the switl flaps.
When you go to see the car do the pedal test to see if there are any errors stored on the ECU, this should give you a good indication if the above 2 components are OK or not,

To do the pedal test..

Fully press the brake and accelerator pedal.
Turn the key in the ignition 2 clicks, (do not start the engine)

Error codes should be displayed on the tachometer

After that the things you should look out for are just the usual, service history etc

#7 ·
Cheers.

Been browsing the site over the last day or so researching swirl flaps. How common a problem are they? Is it a recurring problem or have vauxhall fixed the issue?

I'm a little concerned as the last thing I will need after buying the car is to pay out another £700ish on engine repairs.

Put my mind at rest please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.