Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My twintop didn't come with a sport button but instead it has a button to enable and disable the reverse parking sensors. Since I would never want to disable those sensors I was hoping I could use it as a button to enable sport mode. Has anyone tried this before? Would it even be possible?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
It’s not possible, you need the sport switch, depends on model as well whether it’ll work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
258 Posts
My twintop didn't come with a sport button but instead it has a button to enable and disable the reverse parking sensors. Since I would never want to disable those sensors I was hoping I could use it as a button to enable sport mode. Has anyone tried this before? Would it even be possible?
this has sport button and parking sensors

also needs new centre console

Vauxhall Astra H 04-11 Centre Console 13100109 | eBay

at moment has only 2 slot for lock and parking sensor switch

all depends on IPC support sport button...some IPC dont support it

want to retrofit sport button...maybe also adding missing wire loom for sport button

i retrofit sport button my astra h estate there is missing wiring loom from hazward switch to IPC

then reprogram it via opcom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s not possible, you need the sport switch, depends on model as well whether it’ll work

I don't get why it specifically needs the sport switch. It's not like there's anything programmed on it right?
Any idea where I could find a list with supported models?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this has sport button and parking sensors

also needs new centre console

Vauxhall Astra H 04-11 Centre Console 13100109 | eBay

at moment has only 2 slot for lock and parking sensor switch

all depends on IPC support sport button...some IPC dont support it

want to retrofit sport button...maybe also adding missing wire loom for sport button

i retrofit sport button my astra h estate there is missing wiring loom from hazward switch to IPC

then reprogram it via opcom
I already have 4 button slots of which two are chair heating, which I definitely don't want to lose so I'd have to replace it with the sensor button anyways.
What exactly is this ipc thing?
Any idea if some cheap Chinese opcom clone would work as well?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes it should do..inuse a clone and have successfully reprogrammed a vxr ecu to my sri and reset other components so I can sell them

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
258 Posts
I already have 4 button slots of which two are chair heating, which I definitely don't want to lose so I'd have to replace it with the sensor button anyways.
What exactly is this ipc thing?
Any idea if some cheap Chinese opcom clone would work as well?

this has heated seat with sport button but no parking sensor

this is IPC

me too im using clone opcom

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
You’ll need to find out the correct ident for the ipc, before buying 1, as you may be wasting your money

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
There is a list, but I can’t find it on google
What model/engine do you have? Other than it’s a twintop?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is a list, but I can’t find it on google
What model/engine do you have? Other than it’s a twintop?

Sorry for my late reply.
Its a 1.9 cdti opc line twintop

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Chances are it’s just a case of fitting the switch panel, the 1.9 should be set up for it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chances are it’s just a case of fitting the switch panel, the 1.9 should be set up for it

Sounds good, but what I still don't understand is why I wouldnt just be able to rewire the parking button to wherever the sports button is supposed to be connected to. It shouldn't be able to tell the difference between them right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts