Astra Owners Network banner

USB Port not working

15K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  MusicLoverUK 
#1 ·
Hi Folks, got a problem with USB recognition. Used to work fine and now when I press the AUX button on my CD400 it no longer recognises USB's. I stripped the instrument panel off to make sure the unit was still connected and it was. I thought maybe a fuse had blown but cant see a fuse listed in the manual that relates to the USB.

Is the USB housing damaged? I know I can purchase these for around £25 but dont want to go spending that money if it is some other issue.

I have tried two different USB's - both of which used to work but now no longer do, just out of the blue. Neither USB is holding anywhere near the 999 track limit.

Any thoughts? Any way in which I can test if it is the problem of the housing?

Thanks for looking.

#2 ·
I've had a couple of USB sticks give up the ghost and are no longer recognised. Have you tried yours in a PC or other device to check that the USB sticks do definitely work?

#10 ·
Fixed! Well, checked phone with cable and port is indeed working. After a bit of head scratching I thought it might be a dodgy mp3 but when i checked the files I noticed I had a 350mb mp3 (150min dj mix). When I deleted just that one file (from both sticks) everything was back to normal. Perhaps there is a size limit for some reason or other. Anyhoo, all sorted, now just need to split that dj mix into 2 files.

#12 ·
Great to hear you got it sorted and thanks for posting the findings - it may well help someone else in future :thumbs:

#14 ·
Hi Folks, got a problem with USB recognition. Used to work fine and now when I press the AUX button on my CD400 it no longer recognises USB's. I stripped the instrument panel off to make sure the unit was still connected and it was. I thought maybe a fuse had blown but cant see a fuse listed in the manual that relates to the USB.

Is the USB housing damaged? I know I can purchase these for around £25 but dont want to go spending that money if it is some other issue.

I have tried two different USB's - both of which used to work but now no longer do, just out of the blue. Neither USB is holding anywhere near the 999 track limit.

Any thoughts? Any way in which I can test if it is the problem of the housing?

Thanks for looking.
Hi there,

may seem a strange question but where does the wire and connector for the USB port run behind the main console? I’ve got a port which came factory installed but it’s never worked, on investigating there’s no connection to it at the rear whatsoever but we can’t find whereit would be wired from if that makes sense

many thanks
Mitch

#15 ·
It connects to the back of the CD400 main unit. It's not a normal USB socket on the back of the unit - from memory I think it's an 8-pin block thing so you need to appropriate Vauxhall cable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.