Astra Owners Network banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Im not sure why you think the ECU is different. Its exactly the same. Only the firmware is different.

When using software update on GlobalTIS it asks what Market the car is for, so you could select Europe/Other and it would flash our firmware instead of the US one. Wouldnt think there is too much difference though.
Same with the Auto Gearbox software, you can select what Country. Our UK 4sp gearbox software just hangs onto the gears a little longer and engages the torque lockup at exactly 50mph in 4th gear.
Thanks! I didn't know this! Gonna have to look into it. It may save me a bunch of money. I just need to find what globaltis is.

Appreciate the reply

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
As the us got a different specs its not uncommon to see different ecus in the cars.

Or the software is different, so best to keep a matched kit together.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
I took the ecu out of the car the other day, and it looks identical to the euro version. So it may be just the firmware as pault said. If I could reconfigure it that would be sweet! A lot of other members on saturnfans would love this too.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I took the ecu out of the car the other day, and it looks identical to the euro version. So it may be just the firmware as pault said. If I could reconfigure it that would be sweet! A lot of other members on saturnfans would love this too.
Could well be, just wont put it past US to make a change like that.

I can ask a few people on the software side.

Still looking for a good ecu kit to be honest

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks man appreciated.

Yeah, the US has some very strict silly rules. For example, those fancy led matrix headlights many new cars have overseas? Nope, not here. US Gov ruled them unsafer than our 1950s headlight technology. Sigh

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks man appreciated.

Yeah, the US has some very strict silly rules. For example, those fancy led matrix headlights many new cars have overseas? Nope, not here. US Gov ruled them unsafer than our 1950s headlight technology. Sigh
Yea stuff like that is why I am glad I am in the UK as we can kinda get away with so much more.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts