Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these this morning and just fitted 1 on the drivers side. Got it all connected ok and the jet in the hole but I can't get this to click into place.
I can't seem to get enough force under it to make it click in. How did everyone else do it or is there an easy way?
Help:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've fitted 2 sets of these this week.

What I did to help with the drivers side (sounds like I had the same problem) was I used an offcut of wood (about 6 inches long) lifted up the plastic part and pushed it through to the open space behind. I moved it onto the underside of the washer jet which gave me more to push against and helped pop the thing into place.

I hope that made sense, good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
i used a hammer, pushed the head of it through and placed it under the insignia jet.

then pushed down on the plastic cover which then pushed the jet up, causing it to click.

was not fun tho, my hands are all scrapped and sore now!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ross P, Aztec Daz and Coldo changed mine in about 30 seconds flat...

Was like challenge Anika lol.
wow, thats quick. i've given up now with sore hands and popping down to the dealer tomorrow morning. good news is they spray though. :lol:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tried putting something under the jets but it doesn't seem to want to do it, i'm hoping that because i've fitted them myself and all they need is securing I won't get charged too much, i've given up now with sore and bruised hands ;) They are good jets though for £3.57.

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Adam)
2,987 Posts
i wouldnt pay some mate, id chill for a while and then give it another go. i find some times that just having a break makes a massive differnce.

so give it a bit then take your hammer out.
place the face of the hammer agaisnt the jets, and lever down on the handle and they will click

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've done it :yippee:

I got the hammer under and pushed till I heard a click. Photo's below - do they look like they are in the right place, i.e. through the scuttle panel enough?

Drivers side:

Passenger side

Spray shot:

Finally, alot of :banghead: :swear: but worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
top tip from me - smear a little bit of grease around the outside of the jet before shoving it back into the hole (oo-er!). then once it's in, wipe off excess grease with rag. :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
top tip from me - smear a little bit of grease around the outside of the jet before shoving it back into the hole (oo-er!). then once it's in, wipe off excess grease with rag. :)
I thought about doing that but got in with the hammer and it all clicked into place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts