Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have plenty of tyre threads on here but im looking at either getting the Uniroyal Rainsport2 or the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres.

Comments and suggestions>>>? and also, what are the above two like in the rain? :roll:.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Rainsports are awesome in wet and dry and goodyears are more of a dry tire. Better than rainspirts in the dry but not as good in the wet. As rainsports have deeper tread and cost less, they are what i am getting soon (Y)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to order the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 does it matter whether they are (91) or (94)???

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
ive got the goodyears and so far they exceed expectations. nice a grippy and tread looks good..

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
Prefer fk452s to rainsports as a all round tyre

·
Registered
939 Posts
Goodyear without a doubt, asymmetric 1 was great, and the 2 is meant to be even better!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd go with the Goodyears. I've run them on my Focus ST for the past three years, first 1s then 2s, without an issue. I'd agree that the Rainsports will be better in the wet, but the Goodyears are a brilliant all-rounder. When I ran Rainsports on a previous car I found they wore out pretty quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts