Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with the tyre pressure sensors in their cars? Over the last week or so I've had warning lights go on and then this morning on my way home another warning came on, this time for the driver's side front.

I parked up at home waiting for the local tyre garage to open and then about an hour later drove to the garage. As I set off, the indicator showing the driver's side front went out and the near side rear came on

·
3,891 Posts
Have you checked the pressure manually to see how it compares with what the sensors are reading? Or is it losing signal from the sensors altogether? I assume the sensors must have batteries in them - maybe the batteries need changing? If they've been in a few years and especially if the weather has started turning colder where you are, the batteries could be going.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked the pressure manually to see how it compares with what the sensors are reading? Or is it losing signal from the sensors altogether? I assume the sensors must have batteries in them - maybe the batteries need changing? If they've been in a few years and especially if the weather has started turning colder where you are, the batteries could be going.
Thanks for the reply, really appreciated.

The cars less than a year old so I doubt the batteries could be the cause. I haven't checked the pressures manually but it's something I will do. Not sure really how the sensors work and at what pressure they're set at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts