Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My auntie has a 1.8 mk5 twin top and the roof won't go down and the boot won't open, we're thinking it might be a fuse but fuse box is in boot and can't get that open. Is there a manual release?
any help would be great many thanks simon

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
There is a manual release in the boot which you can access with the seats folded down, assuming the seats fold on a twintop?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just check with her and there's no beeping or movement in the roof of the switch she hasn't tried the key

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
There is a manual emergency procedure thats in the owners guide for the astra TT, The car would of come with a long allen key thats needed to do various things. On the Astra TT there is a loom thats on the passenger side hinge assembly that snaps and causes all sorts of issues.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I have seen the manual no way am I trying that lol found out more info about the car. She tried to open the roof and it stopped just after the boot popped and now it beeps whilst driving as it's stuck open. I'm gunna have a look tomorrow morning at what's going on at see if I can get it to close

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did u manage to get the boot open?i have this problem now
When I done this with my astra, I'd left a box on top of the netted part between the actual boot space and the boot itself, if that makes sense, long story short, box got crushed and stuck between the 2 areas making it get jammed, had to go through the middle seat to dislodge the box and pull it out and then have battery for car on charge whilst I got the roof back up and was able to open boot again? Just an idea

1 - 12 of 12 Posts